Spring has sprung and the season of change and renewal is upon us. My life has changed drastically over the last month:
- I got an amazing job opportunity at Neuhoff Media in Danville and I am loving it. I am the new host of News Makers on Monday and Friday mornings on 1490 WDAN as well as Bill Pickett’s protege…which is so awesome. #fangirl
- I left WorkSource enterprises – a company I have been with off and on since 2004.
Along with this change, I now have more time for my daughters and my blog and I am going all in:
- I get to drop off and pick up my oldest daughter from school every day and spend some quality one-on-one time with my youngest before she starts preschool in the fall.
- I get to spend more time listening to people’s stories.
This season of life is special. I am doing exactly what I want to do. In my life, I have often thought of change as scary and almost always negative. Not this time:
- Change is the air that I breathe.
- Change is necessary.
- It brings new life.
- Without the hard times, we cannot truly appreciate the good times. I am so grateful for where I have been, because without it I would not be where I am now.
In just these few short weeks that I have been in this chapter, I have learned so many things that I never knew:
- City council meetings begin with a prayer.
- There are aldermen who fight for their citizens and are passionate about what they are fighting for. No matter the issue, this gives me hope and faith in our counsel.
- The meetings remind me of karaoke. Each member of the “audience” who wants a turn to speak to the counsel fills out a slip that states their name and what they want to speak about. The clerk calls each one up at a time and gives them three minutes to speak. I love that voices are heard. I guess I never realized that anyone can come to these meetings and get a chance to speak. I urge the public to get involved and go to these meetings and be heard. The counsel will listen.
- Alderman Steve Foster said, “Being a good citizen is to repeat the things you know.” #noted
Keep on spreading that peace and love, friends. It’s working…
Peace & Love,
Stay up-to-date on what’s going on! Click here & hit “LIKE!”