I can’t believe it’s been an entire year since I had this crazy idea to start up a blog about Vermilion County. What a year it has been! Starting this blog took me down a path I never imagined and has put me in a place in my community where I feel like I really can help make a difference.
I have my own show on talk radio, I am learning so much about news and journalism with Bill Pickett and getting to fill in for him every now and then, I have landed a spot in the 2017 Leadership Tomorrow program with Vermilion Advantage, I am stoked to have an awesome place on the Arts in the Park board where I am creating a brand new children’s area, I am planning to be majorly involved in Culture Shock this year, and I am getting ready to start another new journey on the Keeping Vermilion County Beautiful board.
I am feeling so very blessed to be a part of the growth that this city is seeing right now. Danville may have its struggles…all towns do…but if you choose to see the good stuff…there is so much of it.
Which brings me to the next step of Peace of my City:
I am ready to expand this small idea I had back in 2016. This year I am setting some goals to take this page to a new level:
- I am in the process of updating my event calendar so that you can always visit me to find out what is going on in our community and how you can get involved.
- This year I am going to start a couple of new sections. One will be a video blogging section where I can do some live remotes from the website where I can bring you all the latest as it is happening. The other is that I want to allow other Vermilion County (VC) locals to “guest blog” as well as share their poetry, short stories, or whatever it is that they would like to put out into the universe.
- I am starting up a new segment on my talk show on 1490 WDAN with Bryan Jenkins that will occur once a month to bring you all the happenings going on right here in the VC. You can always listen to that show to get the run down of the best events that will be sure to get you involved.
- I, along with my mother, am looking into starting up a t-shirt shop right here at POMC where you can purchase local swag.
- Also, my mom is starting her own blogging adventure that will bring you a different view of life in the sandwich generation. So between her blog and mine, you are pretty much set on things to do at home and things to do out in the community.
I am so excited to kick off 2017 with these goals to take Peace of my City to a whole new level and to be a place where you can find out everything you need to know about our city and the amazing people who live in it.
Stay tuned, friends…and keep on spreading that peace.
Peace & Love,
Stay up-to-date on what’s going on! Click here & hit “LIKE!”